Act V

i should be the only babe that rests upon you


my christmas roast now lay in the garbage

in a pool of potatoes and pasta and vegetables -

a slight hint of Pabst

and a huge helping of my nerves


lord knows how you are taking it

if i have have the guts that you do

then maybe i could keep my dinner down


i can only imagine how your stomach would churn

if this were me and you


my sister's life seems almost too close to mine right now


you are not my sister, of course

but dammit 6 hours and one day is far too much

for me to be when i cannot rest my hands

upon you


and pray for that brief candle


you have brothers - you don't really see

what i've seen

until it happens to you


when you have to think of how your body

lies on anothers and what that does

you really start to wonder where things

went wrong


or maybe right


this puffs out our chests

and clenches our fists

and makes us stand on firmer ground


maybe


right now i am lying in bed

the smell of tossed-up christmas in my mouth

and maybe

just maybe


it is for nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment