Sidewalks

an inmitation of "Treetops" by Beat Radio
lyrics by Brian Sendrowitz

Original

A million inhabitants sink in the sea
The bells in the evening ring out for me
My hands are shaking like the leaves in September
I think I'm alright but I don't remember
I know I'm alone but with you I'm better
So I'm sending you flowers, I'm writing you letters
Summer is starting to feel like forever
Burn down our love and we swallow the embers

In the treetops of my mind and you are hard to keep in time
In the basement of my head I remember what you said
On the jukebox in our bar I heard the sound of old guitars
Changed something in my brain and I've never been the same

Tried to keep an open heart and everything falls apart
There are things you want to say, but you're so many miles away

Adaptation

A thousand snowflakes stirred in the street
Alarms in the morning stir up our feet
My face is solid, like the ice in December
Yours is so good, free of your temper
I feel we're our own, together in fetters
So we're stepping on sidewalks, we're late-winter treaders
Winter has started to feel like a never
Unlike our love, a beatiful tether

On the sidewalks left behind, left in time to be refined
As we wake up in your bed after last night's fall to dead
Like the driving in my car slid into the tree afar
In winter's little game to try to place our blame

Listen to the sounds of starts, the way the rings empart
The state of child's play on the concrete cold today

No comments:

Post a Comment