spd.

[an explanation of my next manuscript of poetry]

Poeta omnibus spd.

s = salutes: "greetings"
noun: accusative, F, plural - direct object of "dicet"

the object comes first,
how it all begins with ink scarred upon a white page
so that you can know what my mind wishes
to greet with my lips, my hands,
my eyes and my allthelikes:
before i know what i will strive for
i have to greet it, introduce myself
so that all of them know who i am
and what i dream

p = plures: "many"
adjective: accusative, F, plural - adjectival modifier modifying "salutes"

what my mind has in store,
stored in solid and wobbly wonderings
as it sits idle, waiting still for a motive
or a likeness to keep it flowing,
pumping, moving on through my hand
to have etchings engraved through space
and onto white happenings from the pit of my belly
through the cramping of my loins
and back down through my swift hands
for the sake of Making

d = dicet: "he/she/it speaks" (in this case, "he speaks")
verb: 3rd person, singular, present imperfective active indicative - main verb with "Poeta" as its subject

finally a speaking:
not a speech but a speaking -
a constant waving of the self through mindful mindlessness
still this speaking is not on high,
on a lofty column from which my voice
resonates through valleys and over streams -
instead my voice in unheard of,
but my words are strangely enough made
for them, for this speaking for them

. = period: "end of statement"
punctuation: end-stop - end of thought

finally still, this end
that makes one draw farther and farther
from my inherent unseen pondering -
from where did it come from?
only spd can say for sure,
only three can conjure up a four -
there must be three before four

Valete.

No comments:

Post a Comment