FOR MY DAUGHTER, YET TO BE CONCIEVED

i will pick flowers for you
while you rest inside my love,
preparing yourself for the beaming
that is this world -
the beauty that you will take in
with your eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and hands
i will tell you all about it
as you rest inside my love:
my hands will rest on her skin
and grip
wishing you to hold out your hand
so that i can grab it
i will kiss her pale belly
and the moistness from my lips will beam
through to your soft forehead

in your cavern you will hear me
read you poems to remind you of that wonder
that i told you of for so long

and i will give you a good Roman name
like mine
(your mother will love you just the same)
so that you never forget that language that made my love
your home now

you will see the essence of one other
in that cavern,
and with that,
you will learn the hows of me and my love
(your mother) -
how she came to grace me
with you and her

and you will be ours

No comments:

Post a Comment