my worries are not those which you know

my worries are not those which you know
and perhaps they are news to you
but to me they are things bred from the fact that
i stood alone in cornfields and on rickety stages
at badly painted podiums for years -
for years i was on high, on highest, summa cum laude

through years i met this match and finding out that
not every little boy who can type and rhyme
can make it back to laude

my unfinished nature, the nature of fighting
for something that that RGW told me to
never let beauty willingly die

know this: know that though the mighty have fallen
(Stanly, you were the last)
like all good kings and queens they left a son,
a poet to follow in their eyes, their hearts,
their minds, their languages and feelings

and this son will never let beauty willingly die
even if he is non laude

No comments:

Post a Comment