CASUS NOSTER [IX]

CASUS TUUS

The bite boomed
throughout the entire Garden;
I would have leapt back
from the shock, had it not been
for the sweet delectable taste
in my (now aching) mouth.

You startled awake upon hearing the flesh rip
from inside my teeth.

Your head jolted up
and your body flipped over
letting the stiff grass pierce the still-moist skin
on your back;
your face agape and your mouth
wide in fear;
your eyes began to water
(something still strange to me)
and your eyebrows curved in –
I had only seen them do as such
when you were on top of me.

Your eyes jolted over to the Serpent,
still next to me;
I looked over and saw him
grinning.

“Beast!” you cried,
“I am to command you
and Adoshem is to command me;
thus any command given by God
is of all in this Garden!
No one is to eat of the Fruit,
Man or Beast!
Adoshem will banish you
from this place!”

The Serpent crept up to you,
seemingly floating,
until his face was almost against yours,
and he stuck out his tongue;
in his sly squirming he moved away,
never taking his eyes off of
you and I.

He moved farther and farther away,
his thing unloving lips still curled
in that maniacal grin.
You looked at me,
blankness in your stern face;
your eyes red as they gazed upon
the bitten Fruit
in my hand.

With passion in body
(not like the passion we had
the night before) you swatted
the Fruit from my hand.
It fell down to the Earth
with a THUD that boomed
throughout the Garden –
still that booming was nothing
compared to your voice
as I looked down in shame:

“What unholy thing have you done
in tasting the forbidden?
How have you, my Partner,
betrayed the trust of Adoshem –
the One who gave us this place
and commanded so little of us?
What were you in mind hoping
to do with the Fruit?
How could you let such
a diabolical
insignificant
beast seduce you
and tempt you to disobey
the command of Adoshem?”

I looked up to you,
into your raging eyes
which were gleaming red
like the Fruit’s tender sweet flesh
and I finally put my hand
upon your sticky smooth
face.

“Adam, do you love me?”

You looked at me;
startled, confused,
unsure of how to take
my (now) simple question.

“What do you speak of?”

You reached up with your
rough firm hand
and tore mine from your face;
your eyes widened
and your lips firmed up
in questioning.

“When my lips
tore the flesh from that Fruit,
I knew that I loved you.”

You grabbed my face
and shook my lightly –
your hands were stiff.

“What is this that you speak of?”

Your voice was now aching to know;
all signs of rage had passed.
I sat down, my bare body now somewhat covered
by the grass below –
strangely it felt right –
and pulled you down with me;
my face beaming as I grabbed you.

“You must know this feeling:
I wish to be with you
forever.”

You plopped down on the grass
with me, your face now
somewhat calm.

“We would have been together
forever,
had you not doomed yourself with
such disobedience.”

“But the confines of this Garden
are nothing to me now;
I want to be with you
regardless as to whether our bodies
lie in these gates –
I wish only to be with you
in this feeling –
this love.”

You looked at me
and then at the Fruit,
still on the ground,
then you looked over to the Gates
where we saw God’s winged men,
now scrambling in a panic.

“What is there outside of this Garden?”

I picked up the Fruit
from the ground
and held it out to you.

“What lies beyond
is something that I now feel
inside.
What is inside this body
and soul
is much more splendid
than what is inside this Garden.”

You slowly reached out,
your fingers curving over
the bitten Fruit
until you lifted it
and looked at me again.

“What is it like?”

“Like knowing what is right.”

You put the Fruit
up to your mouth
and slowly yet fiercely
took a sweet
supple
daring
bite.

No comments:

Post a Comment